The technology behind Sol-Blanket Insulation™ was initially created by NASA in 1954 as a reflective and lightweight material. This product was utilized by NASA in the Apollo and Gemini missions to keep astronauts guarded from the intense heat and cold conditions. Now the same material can be utilized in your home.
Some people refer to reflective insulation as “attic foil”. This is more than just attic foil though, it is a reflective insulation that has a layer of aluminum on both sides to reflect up to 97% of radiant heat and a center core of closed-cell polyethylene foam which gives the Sol-Blanket Insulation™ added R-Value to resist radiant heat transfer, meaning that it also has thermal resistance just like traditional insulation. Please note that this product does not replace the need for mass insulation. It helps boost the thermal efficiency of mass insulation and helps prevent conductive and convective heat transfer in addition to the radiant heat benefits.
- Radiant Barrier – reflects 97% radiant heat
- Added r-value – to resist heat transfer
- Protective Barrier – helps keep attic/crawl space insulation dry
How does it get installed?
There are literally dozens of different applications this product can be used for, and many different installation methods.
The most common installation of the Sol-Blanket Insulation™ is to install it right over the top of your existing insulation in your attic. This is the best method for reflecting radiant heat that comes through your roof and down into your attic in the warmer months and compliments your existing insulation in the colder months. The Sol-Blanket Insulation™ is perforated every 3cm to allow air flow to prevent moisture build up.
It is also very effective when installed in crawls spaces. When tacked up against the floor joist it adds insulation to the floors and also acts as a protective barrier protecting the crawl space insulation and floors from rising moisture and condensation which promotes the growth of mold and mildew. It also has a high resistance to radon gas.
Benefits of the Sol-Blanket Insulation™:
- NOT affected by humidity
- Doesn’t have harmful particles that can get into your lungs (like fiberglass)
- Adds R value to boost thermal efficiency
- Will never settle, so the quality will never degrade
- Acts as a radiant barrier or reflective insulation for your home
- Can be installed over your existing insulation in your attic and crawl space
- Rodents and Birds will not chew on it
- Energy Star Qualified Product
- Comes with Lifetime Warranty
- Great insulator for wrapping ducts, hot water tanks, and water pipes
Contact Smart Energy Today, Inc.™ for a free quote on the sale and installation of Sol-Blanket Insulation™. The best time to start saving money is Today!